History

1957.

Independent workshop “Bakelite”, forerunner of today's CHEMOS, is established. The main was thermoset processing. The story employs 10 workers.

1959.

Changes the name of the company in “Crafts company Chemos. Factory begins with processing thermoplastic materials within the framework of the production of the lower parts of shoes.

1960.

Production facilities moved to its current location in the newly built building.

1961.

The first automatic machine for injection molding of thermoplastic materials is purchased. Today the machine is exposed in the factory as a historical exhibit.

1963.

The intensive development of the factory with a change from a handicraft to the industrial mode of production. The factory employs 90 workers.

1965.

By order of the state, factory merges with the shoe and plastic factory “Solid” from Subotica. Part of the factory “Solid-Chemo” retains its autonomy in technical, financial and legal terms after the merger. The heel production made of plastic material begins.

1968.

The manufacturing activity is expanding the production to the heels with a metal pin-like heel molds and painted heel, which provides Chemos with a large market penetration to Europe.

1969.

Packaging shop is founded. It was built in a joint venture of the company “Genex” from Belgrade and KAP “Solid”, and began working under the name “SOLGEN”. The shop is equipped with a line for the production of tubes, blow molding machine, injection molding machine and machine for decorative and screen printing.

1972.

Chemos buys and takes over “SOLGEN” and startes to manage the operation and further development of the packaging shop. The factory now produces 5.5 million product units annually with 240 employees.

1973. - 1982.

The physical volume of production in the manufacturing segment of the lower parts of shoes, molded and blown packaging and technical products, has increased almost four times. On an annual basis, with a total of 712 employees, production grew to 200 million units of product. Buildings Section II, Section III, storage of flammable materials, compressor stations, power stations, wastewater treatment plant were built. During this period 47 machines for injection molding, 14 extrusion blow molding machines and 3 machines for surface decoration were bought.

1983.

“Chemos” stands out from the Combine and becomes autonomous and independent in every aspect. A modern telephone exchange is mounted.

1986.

The year of large investments in machinery for tool shop purposes, lower parts of shoes shop and packaging shop. A part of the administrative building was built.

1990.

At the end of this year “Chemos” grows from social enterprise to joint stock company and the process of privatization of the factory begines.

1991. - 1994.

The period of difficult business in which the factory, because of the breakup of Yugoslavia, lost a large part of the market. Galloping and unheard-of inflation, caused “Chemos”, as well as other companies in Yugoslavia, to suffer huge losses.

1996.

Year of the factories recovery. Export activities provide employment capacity of the factory to enlarge, which had a positive impact on the business.

1997.

ISO 9001 standard was introduced, and Chemos as a well organized and modern factory, receives a certificate.

1998. - 2002.

The transformation of a joint stock company into a stock company. The period of stable operations. Construction of the hall for storage of finished products, which was built in compliance with the regulations for the purpose of production, was.

In July 2000. - Completed recertification ISO 9001 standard.

2003. - 2007.

The period of difficult business because of the slow process of privatization. The stagnation in the development of the factory.

February 2004 - Completed recertification ISO 9001 standard.

2008.

Managing package of shares was sold. Reorganization in all segments of the factory was made.

Recertification ISO 9001 standard.